Float the Portneuf River
The Portneuf River is a quick, rapid-filled stretch that can be floated once or twice per hour from June through mid-September. Rent a tube and float the Portneuf River in Lava Hot Springs. Shuttles and life jackets are available.
Learn more about tubing the river on the Portneuf Rapids website.
Find Tube Rental Locations and the walking path with entry and exit points below:
- The Portneuf River is a natural, unpredictable river. Tube at your own risk! Life jackets are recommended. Lava Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce, the City of Lava Hot Springs and tube rental businesses are not responsible for injuries or lost items.
- Wear protective clothing: wear shorts and a pair of old tennis shoes, water shoes or river sandals to protect your feet. Flip flops are not adequate and are easily lost.
- Do not float with LOOSE ITEMS like wallets, keys, loose-fitting jewelry, cell phones and other valuables. Secure eye or sunglasses with some sort of retention cord.
- Use the recommended tube put-in and exit points marked on the TPD TUBES MAP.
- Life jackets are recommended for all children and non swimmers and are provided as part of tube rental fees.
- NO GLASS OR STYROFOAM containers at or on the river.
- PLEASE do not litter the trails or our beautiful river, use trash receptacles before tubing the river to discard of your trash.
- Find Tube Rental Businesses