Feel like your mind and body could use a reset? Consider this your sign to take action! At the upcoming Lava Hot Springs Healing Waters Wellness Fair, you can take a break from the worries of everyday life and focus on your own well-being.
This year’s event, which is scheduled to take place from May 6-7 at the Lava Hotel Conference Center, will take a holistic approach to health. Here’s what you can expect during this weekend’s wellness extravaganza. Buy tickets now!
Plenty of Pool Time
Of course — this is Lava Hot Springs, after all! The Healing Waters Wellness Fair offers several opportunities to try a water-based exercise routine or deepen your aquatic skills. Just being in Lava’s famed waters can help improve your health — every drop is loaded with magnesium, calcium, potassium, calcium bicarbonate, and many more. (You can see the full breakdown of minerals here.) And at temps ranging from a bath-like 102 degrees to a sweat-inducing 112 degrees, you can find the temperature that is best for your body — or try them all!
Fresh Ways to Practice Self-Care
The exhibition portion of the event features practitioners in a number of healing arts. Whether you’re interested in mood-boosting aromatherapy, pain relief through acupuncture, or the deep relaxation of hypnosis, you’ll discover practitioners who can help you live your best life.
Better Health Through Movement
Whether you choose a 5K fun run, a water therapy session, a guided outdoor walk, or a group exercise class, you’ll be encouraged to treat your body and spirit through movement. And what an amazing time to be outside! Spring temperatures at Lava Hot Springs usually hover in the 60s — not too warm, not too cold.
Photo credit: Idaho Tourism
Music to Feed Your Soul
No event at Lava Hot Springs is complete without music. Expect live, eclectic performances that will get you moving and leave your mood elevated — that’s a fact! Just listening to music releases important brain chemicals like dopamine and serotonin.
Ready to take the plunge (pun intended!) into your own wellbeing? Here’s how to make the most of your stay during the Healing Waters Wellness Fair.
Book now! Accommodations in Lava Hot Springs fill up quickly, especially for events. Check out the Stay section of our website for great hotel and RV ideas.
Dress accordingly. Many of the events, like exercise classes, require free, unrestricted movement. It’s a good idea to pack comfy workout clothes. And don’t forget a swimsuit or two!
Bring cash. Several of the events have a small fee (often less than $10), so make sure you have enough on hand.
Book spa time. Maximize the relaxation with a stress-busting, muscle-soothing massage or an ahhhhh-inducing facial. Lava Hot Springs is home to several talented massage therapists and day spas; all you have to do is find your perfect match.
Extend your stay. Who wouldn’t want more self-care time? Consider prolonging your departure by adding a few days to your stay. Mid-week is a quiet time in town, so you can enjoy fewer crowds and better access to amenities like the hot springs, Downtown shopping, restaurants, and more.
Plan a few outdoor activities. Studies show that spending more time in nature improves your health by erasing anxiety, boosting Vitamin D levels, and improving sleep. Check out Lava’s parks, hit the trail by foot or on two wheels, or even zipline through the air! Discover plenty of ways to get outside here.
Where: Lava Hotel Conference Center, 196 East Main Street, Lava Hot Springs
When: May 6-7, 2022
Registration fee: The fee includes all presentations, a morning juice bar, luncheon, break, and soak pass.
Friday, May 6
- Morning: Annual Reduced Fee Wellness Check Blood Work at Health West,
85 South 5th West Lava Hot Springs. Call 208-776-5202 to confirm your appointment time.
- 5:30 p.m.: On-site registration for Saturday Wellness Presentations at the Lava Hotel Conference Center. The Old Time Fiddlers Group will provide music throughout the evening; doors open to everyone!
Saturday, May 7
- 9:30 a.m.: On-site registration and juice bar.
- 10 a.m.: Nutrition and the Pillars of Wellness with Natalie Christensen, RDN, CSSD, LD. Natalie is a sports dietitian with a degree from Idaho State University.
- 11:15 a.m.: Healing Waters of Lava Hot Springs with George Katsilometes, owner of the Lava Hot Springs Inn and Spa.
- 12:15 p.m.: Lunch at the Chuckwagon Garden, 210 East Main Street, across from the Chuckwagon Restaurant. Lunch is included with the registration fee.
- 1:30 p.m.: Life Wave presentation with Midge Woods. Learn about products to help elevate your level of health, wellness, and vitality.
- 2:15 p.m.: Break
- 2:30 p.m.: Gyrokinesis with Lori Head, owner of Mind Your Body in Pocatello. During this group activity, you’ll learn how gyrokinesis methods can be adapted to all ages and levels of ability. This method is designed to open energy pathways and stimulate the nervous system by coordinating movement, breath, and mental focus.
- 4 p.m.: Labyrinth tour and river walk.
- 5:30 p.m.: Evening drumming and didgeridoo by the pool while you soak.
Have questions about the Healing Waters Wellness Fair? Email email@example.com
Or call (208) 776-5500 for more info. You can uncover even more ways to love Lava Hot Springs by exploring our website.